Throughout the year, I speak at major conferences and private business events alike, provoking debate and discussion through keynotes, participating in expert networks, designing and running workshops, advising in private strategy sessions, engaging in controversial panels and even doing standup informal talks on a wide range of topics, including:
- Computational culture—how the world is being reshaped by the algorithms we design.
- Technology, learning and intelligence—how distributed networks are changing how we learn and understand.
- Fabricated futures—from furniture to food to medicine.
- Living with robots—where and how they are entering our lives, and how to think about our future augmented lives.
- Designing the future—artifacts, media, and the culture of the future.
- Big informality—where informal economies and open technology collide.
- Black swans, discontinuities, wild cards, and the shifting concept of risk.
Also, you can see recent project and research examples for additional topics for speaking engagements.
I’ve given talks in cities around the world, including Miami, Kiev, New York, Geneva, Boston, Toronto, Helsinki, Washington, Chicago, San Francisco, London, Istanbul, Mexico City, Beijing, Tokyo, Madrid, Mumbai, Barcelona, Stockholm, and Wellington.
Get in contact to find out more about setting up a speaking opportunity, or to get assistance designing an event or finding experts.
Videos of past talks
Keynote for Media Future Week 13 in Almere, Netherlands, May 2013.
Speaking at Informal Economy Symposium, Barcelona, Oct 2012.
Recent and upcoming speaking events:
- Lighthouse / July 4 / Brighton, UK
- Media Future Week 2013 / May 13-16 / Almere, NL
- ASU School of Sustainability/ Labs for Le
- arning and Making New Futures / April 10, 2013/ Tempe, AZ
- FutureEverything / Manchester, UK / March 2013
- Evolving Multi-Platform Media Landscape / Columbia Univ Alumni Club of NYC / October 2012
- Informal Economy symposium / Claro Partners / Barcelona / October 2012 (video)
Presentation at LIFT 08 on the role of foresight, Geneva, Switzerland, February 2008.